Welcome to My Big Adventure

I am a 28 year old movie, music, and book fan who is prone to crazy ideas that end up in great fun adventures. I will do my best to entertain you with tales of my crazy adventures, friends, fun, and general crazy times. Posts will be updated whenever there's a new adventure...and sometimes in between when my mind is going to fast and I'm thinking up the next one...enjoy!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Why I do what I do....

I do some crazy shit...that's for sure...sleeping out on the street in New York City, traveling halfway across the country for the weekend a movie is released on DVD, sitting in the sun for 10 hours at the State Fair...(yes, you'll hear all of these stories later - and many, many more).

What the hell am I thinking?

You know what I'm thinking?  I'm thinking that I might never have the chance to do these things again.  I'm thinking that I love my friends and I want to spend as much time with them as I can.  I'm thinking that I'm 28, and soon will likely have other responsibilities that keep me more tethered to home.  I'm thinking I CAN do these things, and what more do I need to know?

I'm at the point in my life where I have a job - and maybe a tiny bit of expendable income for the time being - and can actually do some of the things I want to do.  So, I'm going to go out and do them, because I never want to regret not having accomplished something I want to.

I also have a supportive husband who let's my crazy go and just tends to go with the flow - which is more than I could have ever dreamed.

Also, I'm doing things for ME.  I'm not trying to be a "good daughter" or someone's friend or someone's girlfriend or whatever roles I've played (and continue to play - just on different terms) in my life.  I'm doing things to make myself happy and that has made all the difference.  Because when I'm happy with my life, I can be a better friend, daughter, wife, etc.

I do all the crazy things that I do because I can do them and for that I will be forever grateful - that I live in a place where I'm allowed to do what I want - to be an independent woman.  And to live in a time where it's ok for women to want to do things for themselves.

I hope you enjoy the journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment